Last updated: January 27, 2024
Information We Collect
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as YOUR Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of OUR Service that YOU visit, the time and date of YOUR visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When YOU access the Service by or through a mobile device, WE may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device YOU use, YOUR mobile device unique ID, the IP address of YOUR mobile device, YOUR mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser YOU use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
WE may also collect information that YOUR browser sends whenever YOU visit OUR Service or when YOU access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information YOU Provide to US
We collect YOUR personal information when YOU register with US, when YOU express an interest in obtaining information about the US or OUR products and services, when YOU participate in activities on OUR websites (such as commenting on our blog posts), or otherwise contact US.
Generally, YOU control the amount and type of information you provide to US when using our website. The personal information that WE collect depends on the context of YOUR reaction with US and the website, the choices YOU make, and the products and features YOU use. The personal information WE collect can include the following:
- Name, Email Address and Contact Data
- Payment information. If YOU choose to purchase items or services WE may offer on OUR websites, payment information will be collected through OUR payment processor. All payment information is securely stored by OUR payment processor, and WE do not have access to YOUR sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or security codes.
- Business information. WE may collect specific business information if YOU choose to discuss with us insurance, tax or financial matters specific to YOUR business or to YOU as an individual.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
WE may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of OUR Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a Web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports Website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of OUR Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms Web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
WE may use YOUR Personal Data to contact YOU with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to YOU. YOU may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email WE send or by contacting US.
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (DGPR)
- WE need to perform a contract with YOU, such as when YOU use OUR services
- YOU have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interest, and it's not overridden by YOUR rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If YOU are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), YOU have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, YOU have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information WE have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that WE may ask YOU to verify YOUR identity before responding to such requests.
YOU have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about OUR collection and use of YOUR personal information. For more information, please contact YOUR local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
"Do Not Sell My Personal Information" Notice for California Consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
WE have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
The Service Providers WE use may have access to YOUR Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about YOUR activity on OUR Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
WE may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, WE may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g., payment processors).
We use the following payment processors:
Performance and Miscellaneous
WE may use third-party Service Providers to provide better improvement of OUR Service, such as:
- Askimet and Gravatar (both owned by Automattic)
Links to Other Websites
WE have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Websites, Toney’s Tax Tips™, Toney on Money™, and Toney’s Health Insurance Blog™, contain original content from our Editor but also pertinent tax, financial, and health insurance & health industry information that is curated from third-party sources. The Websites are a public resource of information, which is intended at the time it is posted - but not promised or guaranteed - to be correct and up to date. The information should not be viewed as actual tax, insurance, and/or financial advice and is not representative of a client relationship. The information on this site may not be relied on for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. You are encouraged to seek tax, insurance, and/or financial advice from an independent advisor.
Click the following link to view our Terms of Service.